New York State Regional ITS Architecture Home Page
About this Web Site
The purpose of this regional ITS architecture web site is to encourage use of the
regional ITS architecture and gather feedback so that the architecture is used
and continues to reflect the intelligent transportation system vision for
each of the regions.
Comments can be sent by email to the ConSysTec Program Manager Dr.
Robert S. Jaffe, or by USPS to:
Consensus Systems Technologies
200 East 89th Street, Unit 34A
New York, NY 10128-4306
ITS Architecure Development Process
Five (5) ITS Architectures for the State of New York are shown here:
- Statewide Services ITS Architecture - Updated in late-2008, this ITS Architecture covers statewide ITS services that are managed from NYSDOT's main offices in Albany, New York, and those ITS services provided by statewide agencies, such as the New York State Thruway Authority. This ITS Architecture is based on the U.S. National ITS Architecture Version 6.0.
- Buffalo-Niagara Bi-National Regional ITS Architecture - Updated in the summer of 2005, this ITS architecture covers the NYSDOT Region 5 (Western New York) area and Region Niagara of Ontario, Canada. This ITS architecture was updated to Version 5.1 of the U.S. National ITS Architecture and to include several ITS Border Services.
- Capital District Regional ITS Architecture - Developed during the summer of 2002, staff from ConSysTec Corp. and Ron Ice and Associates with support from the Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute conducted a Capital District Regional ITS Architecture Workshop. This ITS architecture covers the Capital District Transportation Commitee region.
- Mohawk Valley Regional ITS Architecture - Developed during the summer of 2010, staff from ConSysTec Corp., this ITS architecture covers New York State DOT Region 2 and includes the six-county region of Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, and Oneida Counties.
- New York City Sub-Regional ITS Architecture Update - Updated in 2013, this ITS architecture covers New York City and is a joint effort by the four major transportation agencies operating in New York City: the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), the New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT), the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ). This ITS architecture is based on Version 7.0 of the U.S. National ITS Architecture.
- North Country Regional ITS Architecture - Completed in June 2011, this architecture covers the North Country region including the five county region -- Clinton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence. The regional ITS Architecture was developed in coordination with NYSDOT, the region's transportation agencies, and staff from ConSysTec Corp.