Traffic Detection Enhancements
120 detector stations for speed, occ, volume, classification. Permanent count stations to go back to TMC.
AD1-2 - ITS Data Mart - DDOT
ATMS01-1 - Network Surveillance - DDOT
- The center shall distribute road network conditions data (raw or processed) based on collected and analyzed traffic sensor and surveillance data to other centers.
- The center shall maintain a database of surveillance and sensors and the freeways, surface street and rural roadways, e.g. where they are located, to which part(s) of the network their data applies, the type of data, and the ownership of each link (that i
- The center shall monitor, analyze, and store traffic sensor data (speed, volume, occupancy) collected from field elements under remote control of the center.
- The center shall respond to control data from center personnel regarding sensor and surveillance data collection, analysis, storage, and distribution.
- The center shall support an interface with a map update provider, or other appropriate data sources, through which updates of digitized map data can be obtained and used as a background for traffic data.
- The center shall provide data from an ITS archive to federal, state, or local government reporting systems.
- The center shall provide the applicable meta-data for any ITS archived data to satisfy government reporting system requests. Meta-data may include attributes that describe the source and quality of the data and the conditions surrounding the collection o
- The center shall provide the capability to format data from an ITS archive suitable for input into government reports.
- The center shall provide the capability to select data from an ITS archive for use in government reports.
- The center shall support requests for ITS archived data from Government Reporting Systems.
- The center shall collect data to be archived from one or more data sources.
- The center shall include capabilities for archive to archive coordination.
- The center shall include capabilities for error notification on the incoming archived data.
- The center shall include capabilities for performing quality checks on the incoming archived data.
- The center shall perform quality checks on received data.
- The center shall provide the capability to execute methods on the incoming data such as cleansing, summarizations, aggregations, or transformations applied to the data before it is stored in the archive.
- The center shall respond to requests from the administrator interface function to maintain the archive data.
- The center shall store the archived data in a focused repository that is suited to a particular set of ITS data users.
- When data or a catalog of data is received from the archive, the center shall generate the requested data product for the users systems.
- The center shall collect traffic sensor information from roadside devices.
- The center shall manage the collection of archive data directly from collection equipment located at the roadside.
- The center shall record the status about the imported traffic and roadside data.
- The center shall respond to requests from the Archive Data Administer to input the parameters that control the collection process.
- The center shall send the request for data and control parameters to the field equipment where the information is collected and returned.
- The center shall use the status information to adjust the collection of traffic and roadside data.
- The center shall assign quality control metrics and meta-data to be stored along with the data. Meta-data may include attributes that describe the source and quality of the data and the conditions surrounding the collection of the data.
- The center shall be able to produce sample products of the data available.
- The center shall collect traffic management data such as operational data, event logs, etc.
- The center shall receive and respond to requests from ITS Archives for either a catalog of the traffic data or for the data itself.
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||View List||NTCIP Center-to-Field Standards Group||Group|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1201||Global Object Definitions||Message/Data|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1204||Object Definitions for Environmental Sensor Stations (ESS)||Message/Data|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1206||Object Definitions for Data Collection and Monitoring (DCM) Devices||Message/Data|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1209||Data Element Definitions for Transportation Sensor Systems (TSS)||Message/Data|
|Stakeholder||Roles and Responsibilities|