Traffic Signal System Upgrade
Replace traffic signal controllers, system communications, operational support and control systems support.
ATMS03-1 - Surface Street Control - DDOT
- The field element shall collect, process, digitize, and send traffic sensor data (speed, volume, and occupancy) to the center for further analysis and storage, under center control.
- The field element shall return sensor and CCTV system fault data to the controlling center for repair.
- The field element shall return sensor and CCTV system operational status to the controlling center.
- The field element shall collect pedestrian images and pedestrian sensor data, and respond to pedestrian crossing requests via display, audio signal, or other manner.
- The field element shall control traffic signals at intersections and on main highways for urban and rural areas, under center control.
- The field element shall monitor operation of traffic signal controllers and report to the center any instances in which the indicator response does not match that expected from known indicator preemptions.
- The field element shall monitor operation of traffic signal controllers and report to the center any instances in which the indicator response does not match that expected from the indicator control information.
- The field element shall provide the capability to notify the traffic management center that a pedestrian has requested right-of-way and when the request was or will be granted (request for right-of-way).
- The field element shall return traffic signal controller fault data to the maintenance center for repair.
- The field element shall return traffic signal controller operational status to the controlling center.
- The center shall accept notifications of right-of-way requests from pedestrians.
- The center shall collect traffic signal controller fault data from the field.
- The center shall collect traffic signal controller operational status and compare against the control information sent by the center.
- The center shall implement control plans to coordinate signalized intersections, under control of center personnel, based on data from sensors and surveillance monitoring traffic conditions, incidents, emergency vehicle preemptions, the passage of commerc
- The center shall remotely control traffic signal controllers.
|DDOT TMC||signal control data||DDOT Traffic Signals|
|DDOT Traffic Signals||request for right-of-way||DDOT TMC|
|DDOT Traffic Signals||signal control status||DDOT TMC|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||View List||NTCIP Center-to-Field Standards Group||Group|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1201||Global Object Definitions||Message/Data|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1202||Object Definitions for Actuated Traffic Signal Controller (ASC) Units||Message/Data|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1210||Field Management Stations (FMS) - Part 1: Object Definitions for Signal System Masters||Message/Data|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1211||Object Definitions for Signal Control and Prioritization (SCP)||Message/Data|
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||NTCIP 1214||Object Definitions for Conflict Monitor Units (CMU)||Message/Data|
|Stakeholder||Roles and Responsibilities|