Next Generation Parking Payment
Designate curbside parking space with a number rather than a parking meter. Provide a number of payment options including: in-car meter, pay by cell, downloadable pass
ATMS16-1 - Parking Facility Management - DDOT On Street Parking
- The parking element shall collect data on payment violations and send the data, including images of the violator and the vehicle registration data obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office, to the appropriate enforcement agency.
- The parking element shall maintain a list of invalid traveler credit identities.
- The parking element shall manage the parking lot charges, considering such factors as location, vehicle types, and times of day.
- The parking element shall process requests for parking lot charges to be paid in advance.
- The parking element shall process requests for the advanced payment of tolls and transit fares as well as other non-transportation services, e.g. yellow-pages services.
- The parking element shall process the financial requests and manage an interface to a Financial Institution.
- The parking element shall provide an interface to the driver informing them of the success or failure of the financial transaction. This may involve a request for the driver to pull aside so the operator can resolve an issue.
- The parking element shall read data from the traveler card / payment instrument carried on-board the vehicle or by the traveler.
- The parking element shall support the payment of parking lot transactions using data provided by the traveler cards / payment instruments.
- The parking element shall maintain parking space information including static information such as hours of operation, rates, location, capacity, type, and constraints; as well as dynamic information such as current availability.
- The parking element shall manage local dynamic message signs that display messages to travelers such as number of parking spaces available, location of parking spaces available, and current charges.
- The parking element shall share information with a traffic management center to identify parking space availability along a street or at a location, and other information that supports coordinated local traffic control in and around the parking location(
|AASHTO/ITE/NEMA||View List||NTCIP Center-to-Center Standards Group||Group|
|Stakeholder||Roles and Responsibilities|